AKTA KESELAMATAN DAN KESIHATAN PEKERJAAN 1994 / OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH ACT 1994
– AKTA/ACT 514
BM-ENG COMPILE INTO ONE BOOK (Amendment: Act A1648 - To come into force)
Study the NEW ACT first before it comes into force. Don’t get left out behind! Before the amended OSHA comes into effect, employers should be aware of all the key changes taking place, and make plans to accommodate these incoming changes.
Here’s why all employers should prioritize reading and understanding and implementing the NEW OSHA Act;
• Last changes were made in 1994 to the main ACT
• Failing to comply with these Act can result in legal penalties, fines, and even business closures
• Avoid any potential hazards and risk within your operation and reduce the likelihood of accidents, injuries and workplace incidents.
• Be the first that prioritize employee safety and health and build a positive reputation within industry and community.
• Apply “ALL PLACES OF WORK THROUGHOUT MALAYSIA including in the public service and statutory authorities”
• Duties of employers that are now extended to include contractors, subcontractors and their employees.
• Employers should take note that employees working from home are protected under OSHA.
• Safety coordinator - must undergo a three-day safety training from accredited training providers and registers with the Department of Occupational Safety and Health (DOSH) as a safety coordinator.
• Rights of Employee - to remove themselves from the workplace if there is imminent danger of death or serious bodily injury to them
• Employers who breach their obligations will be liable to an increased fine of RM500,000, or imprisonment of two years, or both.
Any many more…
What’s else new in this book?
• Our new edition comes with details of amendments which you can crosscheck with all new amendments.
• Summary of fines, penalties and imprisonment for easy references.
Order and master the NEW OSHA Act before it comes into force!